In effort to reduce emissions and set a good green example, I’m biking where and when sensible. I’ve begun a Facebook photo album that includes pictures and comments on this topic. To join in the discussion add me as a friend (Darren T. Kimura) and look for the “Honolulu Cycling: reduce emissions and road congestion” album. I encourage dialogue and posting of relevant pictures.
Here’s my transportation set up:
Hybrid car, removable bike rack, Cannondale road bike.
- Park someplace outside of the city center
- Bike in: Avoid waiting at traffic lights, paying for parking, reduce congestion
- Save time: Its 4 times faster than walking, bike racks are generally very near to the building entrance
- Bike to lunch or meetings as possible
- Be seen: Become a reference point, encourage the conversation
- Don’t get hurt: Only bike where safe, make dangerous bike areas known
- Do it when it makes sense
Comments taken on my Facebook page.